The Commercial Licence will allow the pilot to fly airplanes for hire.
This is the license that can lead to an exciting and lucrative aviation career! This license is also good for owners who just want to keep learning and staying sharp! It can also help lower insurance rates for private licensed pilots with their own aircraft.
Private Pilot Licence
18 Birthday (flight test can be on that day)
Canadian Class 1 medical. Obtained from a Aviation medical examiner.
There are no special educational requirements other than a working knowledge of English
A minimum of 200 hours total flight time and 100 hours Pilot in Command time including 20 hours X-Country.
All previous flight time counts toward the Commercial Pilot course.
Time Building may be required to reach the required time
The Commercial course consists of approximately 65 hours of flight training and 80 hours of ground school (about 45-55 in class and the rest on self study with homework and practice exams). The break-down also includes a Night Endorsement. Note that you could also do your multi engine rating and instrument rating to build up time as well.
- 35 hours of dual instruction
- 10 hours of advanced dual instruction including at least 3 hours of X-Country
- 25 hours of instrument time (in aircraft and simulator.)
- 5 hours dual night
- 30 hours of solo flight time
- 25 hours of general practice, including airwork, and radio communication
- 5 hours solo night
- Solo straight line cross country of at least 300 nautical miles with landings at 3 airports other than the departure airport
- A minimum of 80 hours ground school. Including instruction on Air Law, Meteorology, Navigation, and General Knowledge.
- A pre flight test
- A Transport Canada Written and Flight test is required
Training is at the student's pace and convenience. If in the accelerate course time building will take place through training post PPL and the commercial run should be completed in 6-8 weeks.
Cost are based on using the Cessna !72SP G1000 Aircraft-$175.00/hour, Instructor Rate- $65.00/hour.
- Club Membership $75.00
- Ground School (80.00 hours) $400.00
- Books & Supplies $48.00
- 35 Hours Dual Flight $8400.00
- 30 Hours Solo Flight $5250.00
- 15 Hours Ground Briefing $975.00
- Transport Canada Written Fee $150.00
- Flight Test Fee $400.00
- Transport Canada Licensing Fee $80.00
Total Minimum Cost $15703.00
Please note Minimum Cost does not include approx. 80 hours ($14,000) of build up time to obtain 200 hours that is required for the Commercial License. Night, Multi Engine & Multi IFR Rating hours can all be counted towards the 200 hours required.